TarraWarra Museum of Art is located in the Yarra Valley region, north east of Melbourne at TarraWarra, near the town of Healesville.
Driving time from Melbourne CBD is approximately one hour.
Refer to Melways Map book reference page 277, Grid B2.
- Take the Eastern Freeway M3
- Exit onto the Ringwood bypass state route 62 toward Ringwood
- Left onto the Maroondah Hwy state route 36 toward Lilydale
- Continue through Lilydale
- At the fork in the road take the Melba Hwy B300 toward Yarra Glen
- At the roundabout on approach to Yarra Glen take a right toward Healesville on the C726
The train service from Melbourne ends at Lilydale Station; the Museum is located a further 20 minute car or bus trip away.
Travel time from Flinders Street to Lilydale Station is approx. one hour, McKenzies bus route 685 to Healesville via Yarra Glen is approx. 20 minutes.
If you are coming by public transport, visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey.
The journey planner will give you the best options for connection between train and bus.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if travelling to the Museum during the bushfire season on days rated by the CFA as high risk, please check current advice on the CFA website www.cfa.vic.gov.au before making your trip. TarraWarra Museum of Art is located in the CENTRAL DISTRICT.
On ALL days listed by the CFA as CODE RED the Museum will be CLOSED.
On days listed as EXTREME or SEVERE, please phone (03) 5957 3100 to check if the Museum is open before making your trip.