TarraWarra Museum of Art is located in the Yarra Valley region, north east of Melbourne, near the town of Healesville.
Driving time from Melbourne CBD is approximately one hour.
Refer to Melways Map book reference page 277, Grid B2.
- Take the Eastern Freeway M3
- Exit onto the Ringwood bypass state route 62 toward Ringwood
- Left onto the Maroondah Hwy state route 36 toward Lilydale
- Continue through Lilydale
- At the fork in the road take the Melba Hwy B300 toward Yarra Glen
- At the roundabout on approach to Yarra Glen take a right toward Healesville on the C726
The nearest train station is Lilydale Station, which can be reached in approximately one hour from Flinders Street Station. From Lilydale, it is an approx. 20 minute taxi or Uber ride to the Museum (please confirm fare costs with your chosen provider).
PTV bus route 685 from Lilydale to Healesville travels along Healesville-Yarra Glen Road, however it does not stop directly outside the Museum. The nearest bus stop is 2km away with no accessible walking path. A dedicated bus stop is due to be installed outside TarraWarra Museum of Art by late-2019.
If you are coming by public transport, visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey.