The Makers Trail
Be led, fed and inspired on The Makers Trail – a curated day of arty experiences that lets you explore fabulous cultural destinations in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges.
Co-presented by Dandenong Ranges Open Studios, Burrinja and TarraWarra Museum of Art you can choose Saturday 30 or Sunday 31 March and join fellow art lovers on a fuss-free tour of the inspiring, the thoughtful and the fearless as you discover the delights of Dandenong Ranges Open Studios 2019 in the morning, followed by moving exhibitions by Tracey Moffatt and Katie West plus a vibrant Makers’ Market at TarraWarra Museum of Art’s Open Weekend 2019 in the afternoon.
Your ticket includes:
– Chartered bus leaving from Melbourne CBD at 9.15am
– First stop at Burrinja – meet your Dandenong Ranges Open Studios Ambassador who will provide unique insights as you visit practising artists in their studios, then enjoy morning tea from Drink with Myrtle (quality, local and ethically produced hot and cold drinks and gourmet nibbles)*
– Second visit is Two Floors in Belgrave to meet a collective of four incredible female artists working in 3D mediums such as pottery, textiles and wood turning
– Then explore A L C H E M Y – Dandenong Ranges Open Studios Group Exhibition where all participating studios have contributed a new work inspired by their surroundings
– Then on to the Yarra Valley to TarraWarra Museum of Art’s Open Weekend 2019, where you’ll enjoy a guided tour of exhibitions featuring the work of Tracey Moffatt, Katie West, Robert Drysdale and Louise Hearman among others, plus a glass of wine* and access to a Makers’ Market full of local artists selling their wares, live music and more!
– Return to Melbourne arriving around 4.30pm
* Food and drink provided to LED + FED ticket holders only*
LED – $40* (per person)
A full day bus tour, no catering included (ticket holders must bring along their own food as opportunities to purchase food are limited)
LED + FED – $70* (per person)
A full-day bus tour plus
– Morning tea at Burrinja including a hot drink and savoury or sweet treat from Drink with Myrtle;
– Picnic Lunch Box from The Little Artisan Catering Co. (vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options available plus freshly made iced chai Raspberry & Elderflower Fizz and Citrus Infused Iced Water;
– A glass of wine at TarraWarra Museum of Art.
*Group Bookings of 4+ people will receive a 10% discount per person